Certificate III in MusicCourse Code: CUA30920
Why study Certificate III in Music?
The Certificate III in Music will help you develop your technical skills as a musician, learn to prepare for performances and perform both as a soloist, or as part of a group.
You will also learn about working in the music industry and the importance of copyright.
The course is designed for young people who have a love of music and some practical skills as a musician. Individual interests in music will be fostered and learning goals established to enable you to gain necessary skills in musicianship with support provided by your chosen specialist, as you focus on one instrument.
The course length is four terms of 8 weeks with 6 hours of instruction per week. Students will take part in an annual concert during term 4.
Students are required to undertake extra hours that will consist of practice time, study time and performances.
Students have an optional two-week grace period at the end of term 4 to complete and submit assessments.
Some students may be eligible for a Government subsidy on fees.
- Entry to Certificate III in Music may follow successful completion of Certificate II in Music
- Some practical skills as a musician
- Audition: Your trainer will gather evidence through an audition process before enrolment. The audition process will determine your aural skills, music knowledge and experience and performance techniques. Your individual talent in music will be recognised and fostered and learning goals established to enable you to become an integral part of a group performance and the music industry
|Code||Unit of Competency Title|
|CUAIND314||Plan a career in the creative arts industry|
|CUACMP311||Implement copyright arrangements|
|CUAIND313||Work effectively in the music industry|
|CUAMLT311||Develop and apply aural perception skills|
|BSBCRT311||Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment|
|CUAMCP311||Create simple musical compositions|
|CUAMPF311||Develop technical skills for musical performance|
|CUAMPF314||Make music demos|
|CUAMPF414||Perform music as part of a group|
|CUAMPF312||Prepare for musical performances|
|CUAMLT313||Develop musical notation skills|
Fees and Charges
Click here to find out the Fees and Charges
Course subsidies now available for eligible students
You may be eligible for the Certificate III Guarantee Program if you are:
- Aged 15 years or older
- A Queensland resident and an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- No longer at school
- Do not hold or are not currently undertaking a Certificate III or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
- Are unemployed and seeking work or working on a full-time, part-time or casual basis.