2017 Key dates
- Term 1: Monday 30th January – Monday 27th March
- Term 2: Monday 24th April – Monday 19th June
- Term 3: Monday 17th July – Monday 4th September
- Term 4: Monday 9th October – Monday 27th November
End of Semester Concerts:
- Monday 12th June
- Monday 6th November
- Complete and send audition form (not required Certificate II)
- Pay $60 audition fee
- Complete and send audition paperwork and sit your audition
- Once notified that audition is successful, complete and send enrolment form
The applicant is required to perform three contrasting pieces of their choice.
The audition is not a test but an opportunity for the Queensland College of Music to determine your current knowledge and skill and to ensure qualifications in Music are relevant to you and will enhance your musicianship and employability.
The audition performance will be an opportunity for you to demonstrate:
- proficiency and confidence in your selected instrument
- an ability to perform with confidence and expression
- technical skills, music reading skills and aural perception skills
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
The Queensland College of Music provides opportunities for clients to seek Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer according to its National Recognition Policy and Procedures. Credit Transfer is available to any client enrolling with the Queensland College of Music.
Credit Transfer means credit towards a qualification granted to clients on the basis of outcomes gained by a client through participation in courses or training with another RTO. Clients are required to indicate their intention to apply for an exemption at the time of enrolment and will be informed regarding the results of their application and any further evidence required.
RPL is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s non-formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual has achieved the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards for entry to, and/or partial or total completion of, a qualification.
Transport to QCM
QCM’s campus is at 12-14 Annerley Rd, Woolloongabba, near the Princess Theatre and in the complex that houses the Diana Hotel and across the road from the Mater Hospital. It is close to the City and well served by transport and parking facilities.
The closest station to the QCM campus is the Southbank station, which is 15 minutes walk. Walk up Vulture St and continue onto Stanley St. Turn right on Annerley Rd and the destination is on your left
The closest bus stop is Stop 6: Annerley Rd, near Princess Theatre stop. The routes are 112 and 116. This stop is right in front of the QCM campus.
Other bus routes are Stop 8/7: Stanley St near Allen St. The route is 198. This stop is a few minutes walk to the campus.
More information can be found on the Translink website.