Diploma of MusicCourse Code: CUA50820
Why study Diploma of Music?
This course is recommended to individuals who would like to refine their musical ability so they adopt the skills to perform both as a featured soloist and as part of a group or ensemble.
You will learn how to refine your music theory and performance skills, expand your repertoire, develop concert programs and leadership skills. You will also learn how to manage your freelance career, write and implement a business plan and administer the copyright of your compositions.
The Diploma of Music is suitable for students who have specialised knowledge and music skills and who can apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts to perform as a musician with advanced skills, focusing on one instrument.
Students have an optional two-week grace period at the end of term 4 to complete and submit assessments.
Duration: 4 terms of 9 weeks with 20 hours of instructions per week + 4 hours per week (private practice time, rehearsal, perfomance and attendance at concerts)
Delivery: Local or Distance study
- Specialised knowledge and musical skills.
- Audition: Your trainer will gather evidence through an audition process before enrolment. The audition process will determine your aural skills, music knowledge and experience and performance techniques. Your individual talent in music will be recognised and fostered and learning goals established to enable you to become an integral part of a group performance and the music industry.
- Statistics: Audition passing rate for Diploma is low
- CRICOS students will need to provide evidence of English proficiency (minimum achieved of 5.5 IELTS) and successful completion of senior schooling (school reports, academic records, instrumental/singing tuition)
QCE and ATAR
The qualifications also provide credit points to the Queensland Certificate of Education. Current credit points:
- Diploma of Music – up to 8 credit points
*Note: This course is not recommended for current grade 12 students, as course study will clash with unit 3 and 4 studies.
Students with outstanding skills in their musical instrument/voice may gain entry
|Code||Unit of Competency Title|
|CUACMP511||Manage copyright arrangements|
|CUAIND412||Provide freelance services|
|CUAIND512||Enhance professional practice using creative arts industry knowledge|
|CUAMWB401||Develop and implement own self-care plan in the creative industries|
|CUAMPF416||Perform music as a soloist|
|CUAMPF513||Perform solo accompaniment|
|CUAMPF411||Rehearse music for group performances|
|CUAMPF412||Develop and apply stagecraft skills|
|CUAMPF515||Develop instrumental techniques and expand repertoire|
|CUAMCP412||Compose musical pieces|
|CUAMLT402||Articulate ideas about music|
|CUAMPF420||Perform music from written notation|
|CUAMLT511||Refine aural-perception and memory skills|
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|CUAWRT503||Write about music|
|CUAMPF414||Perform music as part of a group|