Subsidised Certificate II and III in Music Industry
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program gives eligible Queenslanders access to government subsidised qualifications.
Would you love to be performing to an audience? These courses will help you get closer to the goal of becoming a performing musician.
The CUA20615 Certificate II in Music Industry is ideal for young people who have a love of music with limited practical skills as a musician. Individual interests in music will be fostered and learning goals established to enable you to gain the necessary skills in musicianship with support provided by your chosen specialist, as you focus on one instrument.
The course length is four terms of 8 weeks with 4 hours of instruction per week.
The CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry will help you develop your technical skills as a musician, learn to prepare for performances and perform both as a soloist, or as part of a group. You will also learn about working in the music industry and the importance of copyright.
The course length is four terms of 8 weeks with 6 hours of instruction per week.
All students will take part in an annual concert during term 4 and are required to undertake extra hours that will consist of practice time, study time and performances.
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for the Certicate 3 Guarantee Program if you are:
- Aged 15 years or older
- A Queensland resident and an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- No longer at school
- Do not hold or are not currently undertaking a Certificate III or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
- Are unemployed and seeking work or working on a full-time, part-time or casual basis.
Acceptance is subject to eligibility and course availability.
CUA20615 Certificate II in Music Industry
- Non Concession: $976.00
- Concession Card: $670.00
CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry
- Non Concession: $1201.00
- Concession Card: $593.00
Contact QCM on 07 3191 8532 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Funded by the Queensland Government.
CERTIFICATE III IN MUSIC WITH CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE - HOW TO APPLY
- Register your interest. Fill in our Enquiry Form and we will be in touch with more information.
- Certificate 3 Guarantee students need to meet eligibility rules. Please complete and email the attached Eligibity Form to email@example.com
We will check your eligibility and get back to you with more questions if we need more information.
- Once you have been approved for study at the subsidised rate, we can arrange your audition.
- Arrange your Audition. You will need to audition for a place at Queensland College of Music. You can download and complete an audition form here.
- Audition & interview. Once you have completed your Audition Form and paid for your audition, we will arrange an interview and audition time. (If you are a distance student, a video audition can be arranged. Please contact us for further information on sending a video audition).
- Accept your offer. If your application is successful, we’ll send you an offer and enrolment form.