2018 Key dates
- Term 1: 4th Feb – 28th March
- Term 2: 29th April – 20th June
- Term 3: 22nd July – 12th Sep
- Term 4: 7th Oct – 28th Nov
- Complete and send audition form (not required Certificate II)
- Pay $70 audition fee
- Complete and send audition paperwork and sit your audition
- Once notified that audition is successful, complete and send enrolment form
The applicant is required to perform three contrasting pieces of their choice.
The audition is not a test but an opportunity for the Queensland College of Music to determine your current knowledge and skill and to ensure qualifications in Music are relevant to you and will enhance your musicianship and employability.
The audition performance will be an opportunity for you to demonstrate:
- proficiency and confidence in your selected instrument
- an ability to perform with confidence and expression
- technical skills, music reading skills and aural perception skills
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
Credit Transfer means credit towards a qualification granted to clients on the basis of outcomes gained by a client through participation in courses or training with another RTO. Clients are required to indicate their intention to apply for an exemption at the time of enrolment and will be informed regarding the results of their application and any further evidence required.
RPL is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s non-formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual has achieved the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards for entry to, and/or partial or total completion of, a qualification.
Age of Students
For lower age limit we take students that are Year 10 and above at QLD High Schools.
Transport to QCM
The closest station to the QCM campus is the Southbank station, which is 15 minutes walk. Walk up Vulture St and continue onto Stanley St. Turn right on Annerley Rd and the destination is on your left
The closest bus stop is Stop 6: Annerley Rd, near Princess Theatre stop. The routes are 112 and 116. This stop is right in front of the QCM campus.
Other bus routes are Stop 8/7: Stanley St near Allen St. The route is 198. This stop is a few minutes walk to the campus.
More information can be found on the Translink website.